Monday, March 5, 2007

"plagiarism ... pure and simple"

I cannot believe that Ron Borges will still be working for you any more.

You fired Mike Barnicle for making up stories to enhance a point but surely the wholesale copying of someone else's work without giving credit is worse than that. Ron has consistently written disparaging pieces about the Patriots and has alluded to a personal vendetta against Bill Belichick to the point that I no longer read his work because I disagree so strongly with his continually negative slant.

This however represents an editorial choice that I have to respect as it is a valid point of view, even if I disagree with it. Wholesale plagiarsm is in an entirely different category and is surely one that will not be tollerated by The Globe. Ron's Sunday Football notes column is plagarism of an article written in the Tacoma News Tribune on Feb 25th pure and simple. Please, enough is enough, its time for Ron to go.

Peter

No comments: